I have been dreaming of places I want to travel to, and things I would like to do. I spend hours scrolling through Instagram and Pinterest. But why should I leave them at simply dreams? Why not turn them into plans? I’m going to make plans to make this year exciting by making a bucket list for the year. Twenty four is going to be the year I stop waiting for someday, or somebody to adventure with. And just go!
Bucket List for My 24th Birthday
- Attend the Mariners Opening Day Game – Last year I went to a handful of Mariners games with my cousins. I wonder which one will want to come with me on Opening Day!
- Stay the night in a Hobbit Hole – After searching Airbnb and dreaming of places to go, I realized it is okay to have some adventures on my own without waiting for someone special to share those experiences with. This year I want to spend the night in this Hobbit Hole, it is only a few hours away from home! Get $35 off your first stay by signing up to Airbnb here!
- Go on a backpacking trip – Almost 4 years ago, my friend took me to the REI garage sale with him and I bought a backpacking pack but we never went on a trip. I would love to find some friends to go on a trip with this summer in the Cascades.
- Stay the night in a treehouse – This is the treehouse at my grandpa’s house. I used to play in it with my cousins growing up. Watching shows like Treehouse Master’s, treehouses have become romanticized. But it does sound like a lot of fun to stay in one while traveling. You can find several listed on Airbnb.
- Travel by airplane – I love to fly. I am not sure where I will go this year, but I have a major travel bug. Last year the only time I flew was to Atlanta for a short 2 night stay.
- Unplug for 2 weeks on an island – One of my favorite places in the world is Blakely Island. I spend almost an entire summer there doing field research in college. Last summer I went there to visit my professor and watch her daughter while she taught. I would love to go for a whole two weeks this year.
- Practice piano with my aunt – I love spending time with my family, and love to learn new things. After trying to learn piano on my own, I think it is time for a little help. Who better to learn from than my aunt who has been playing for 40 years.
- Buy a polaroid camera – My sister was given a polaroid camera for Christmas, and I definitely didn’t know I wanted one until I saw how much fun they were. I am thinking of getting one to take on my adventures. What do you think?
- Launch a teaching blog with my mom – We are hard at work to launch a new website to accompany our store: Pedersen Post.
- Create a garden journal – The last couple years I have taken over parts of the backyard with potted vegetables. I love the idea of keeping track of when seeds were planted, and how much the plants yielded in a scrapbook type journal. I could fill it with notes and observations, as well as photos, cuttings, and seed packs.
- Live aboard for a week – I have a board on Pinterest full of tips to live aboard a sailboat. “Someday I would love to live on a sailboat” pops up in my head frequently. I used to take week long trips with my grandparents. Even though they won’t let me live on their boat, maybe they will let me stay just for a week? Or have them take a trip with me before they decide it is time to sell their boat.
- Take the ferry to the San Juan Islands – One of my favorite things to do is walk around the deck of a ferry boat, why not make an outing out of it and head to the islands!
- Watch the new Beauty and the Best film – Beauty and the Beast was one of my favorite Disney movies growing up, and who could resist any movie with Emma Watson.
- Give the 1 Second Everyday app a try – This app allows you to piece together videos 1 second at a time. I have seen a few videos from other people, and it looks like a fun way to document the year!
What adventures do you want to have this year?
There is a good chance I will add to this if any new ideas pop up!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through one of the product links, I’ll receive a small compensation. At no additional cost to you, affiliate links help fund and support this blog. Thank you!